V70 D5 2009 Engine vibration

kazamata

Subject:

V70 D5 2009 Engine vibration

· 
Posted: 14.11.2013 - 15:11  ·  #1
Hi,
I bought a V70 D5 (185 hp) Momentum automatic gear used car in summer with 87000 km from the main Volvo dealer (before I had an S60 2.4 petrol for years). Everything is working perfectly only one problem (if that is a problem) I have: the vibration. On idling speed the whole car is vibrating. It can be felt on steering-wheel, consol etc. I went back to the dealer and I was told it is normal, it is a diesel engine, no problem. Could anybody help me? Is it really normal and I only was used to petrol engine. Or is it tipical problem?
Thanks a lot any feedbacks in advance.
Tamás
DDH
VolvoV70forum core member
Geslacht:
Leeftijd: 52
Subject:

Re: V70 D5 2009 Engine vibration

· 
Posted: 14.11.2013 - 17:07  ·  #2
Hello,

Maybe you can get somewhere a second opinion? Let somebody else drive with the car.......
darkcreature
Forumlid.
Geslacht:
Leeftijd: 41
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.11.2013 - 10:41  ·  #3
Quote door kazamata

Hi,
I bought a V70 D5 (185 hp) Momentum automatic gear used car in summer with 87000 km from the main Volvo dealer (before I had an S60 2.4 petrol for years). Everything is working perfectly only one problem (if that is a problem) I have: the vibration. On idling speed the whole car is vibrating. It can be felt on steering-wheel, consol etc. I went back to the dealer and I was told it is normal, it is a diesel engine, no problem. Could anybody help me? Is it really normal and I only was used to petrol engine. Or is it tipical problem?
Tamás

I don't think it's a problem.
your'e used to drive an petrol engine.
I also drive an s60 d5 diesel from 2002, also i have vibration when the engine is on idle.
5 cyllinder's on diesel feels a little bit different.

My car is fine and runs like a motherf****

Don't worry, sleep better!

Greetz Johnny
kazamata

Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.11.2013 - 11:21  ·  #4
Quote door darkcreature

Quote door kazamata

Hi,
Tamás

I don't think it's a problem.
your'e used to drive an petrol engine.
I also drive an s60 d5 diesel from 2002, also i have vibration when the engine is on idle.
5 cyllinder's on diesel feels a little bit different.

My car is fine and runs like a motherf****

Don't worry, sleep better!

Greetz Johnny

Thanks. My car also runs like a mother. It is a great feeling to drive. The dealear told the same as you. Otherwise I think your D5 is not the same that can be the 163 hp version. Someones think that is beter:-)
Walterj
VolvoV70forum verslaafde
Geslacht:
Leeftijd: 53
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.11.2013 - 19:18  ·  #5
Sorry voor de interruptie, maar er zijn toch genoeg Engelstalige Volvo fora waar je in het engels terecht kunt?

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0